容易疑惑的表达(面目全非)

容易疑惑的表达(面目全非)

容易疑惑的表达(面目全非)

July 10, 2022

Words that cannot be used in chaos

  • Dead president(美钞)(不是:死了的总统)

  • Heart man(换心人)(不是:有心人)

  • A busy body(爱管闲事的人)(不是:忙人)

  • Pull sb's leg(开玩笑)(不是:拖后腿)

  • African American(美国黑人)(不是:非洲美国人)

  • Mad doctor(精神病科医生)(不是:发疯的医生)

  • Personal remark(人身攻击)(并非个人评论)

  • Criminal lawyer(刑事律师)(不是:犯罪的律师)

  • Capital idea(好主意)(不是:资本主义思想)

  • Familiar talk(庸俗的交谈)(不是:熟悉的谈话)

  • Chinese dragon(麒麟)(不是:中国龙)

  • China policy(对华政策)(不是:中华政策)

  • White man(忠实可靠的人)(不是:皮肤白色的人)

  • White night(不眠之夜)

  • Black stranger(完全陌生的人)(不是:陌生的黑人)

  • Handwriting on the wall(不祥之兆)(不是:大字报)

  • Roadside business(汽车饭店;汽车旅馆;汽车影院)(不是:路边店 )

  • American Dream(美国的生活方式,美国人的自由民主观念)(不是:美国梦)

  • Blue stocking(女学者,女才子)(不是:蓝色长筒袜)

  • English disease(软骨病)(不是:英国病)

  • Indian summer(愉快宁静的晚年)(不是:印度的夏日)

  • Greek gift(害人的礼品)(不是:希腊的礼物)

  • Spanish athlete(吹牛的人)(不是:西班牙的运动员)

  • French chalk(滑石粉)(不是:法国粉笔)

  • In ones birthday suit(赤身裸体)(不是:穿着生日礼服)

  • Make ones hair stand on end(令人毛骨悚然,恐惧)(不是:令人发指,气愤)

  • Think a great deal of oneself(高看或者看重自己)(不是:为自己想的很多)

  • Pull up ones socks(鼓起勇气)(不是:提上袜子)

  • Have the heart to do(用于否定句,忍心做)(不是:有心做或者有意做)

  • You don't say(是吗?)(不是:你别说)

  • I haven't slept better(我睡得很好)(不是:我从未睡好过)

Commonly used

  • Suit yourself.(随你的便。)

  • Join the club.(我也如此。)

  • I couldn't care less.(我真的无所谓。)

  • Oh, shoot!(天啊……)

  • Right on!(对,就是这个!)

  • You've come a long way.(你成熟了很多啊。)

  • You're breaking up.(信号不太好。)

  • Snap out of it.(打起精神来!)

  • Take it like a man.(像男人一样接受它。)??????

  • I feel like a million bucks.(我太 high 了。)

  • Is that so?(真的是这样吗?)

  • It's about time!(早该这样了!)

  • It's now or never. /Do it now.(机不可失,时不再来。)

  • What a relief.(真是太好了。)

  • You lost me.(我不懂你在说什么。)

  • No clue.(我完全摸不着头脑。)

  • I'm flat broke.(我一个子儿都没有。)

  • I'm a sci-fi junkie.(我超迷科幻类小说。)

  • What's the occasion?(今天是什么日子啊?)

  • Don't even go there.(别提那个。)

  • I'm under the weather.(我感觉很不好。)

  • Keep buttering me up.(继续拍我马屁吧。)

  • I get the picture.(总算明白了。)

  • Sure thing.(没问题。)

  • Behind my back?(都瞒着我干了些什么?)

  • Don't give me that.(别说这个了。)

  • That'll do.(行了。)

  • I'd like that.(没问题。)

  • Go get'em, tiger!(好好干!)

  • Where was I?(我刚说到哪里来着?)

  • Not even close.(连边儿都没沾上。)

  • I didn't mean it.(我不是这个意思。)

  • I wish I knew.(我也并不知情。)

  • The party is over.(美好时光结束了。)

  • Sit back and relax.(放轻松。)

  • What did I miss?(发生了什么事?)

  • You made my day.(因为你,我一整天都很开心。)

  • It's not you.(你平时不这样啊。)

  • You can't fool me.(别想糊弄我。)

  • You could've fooled me.(差点上了你的当。)

  • Why should I?(凭什么呀!)

  • Congratulations!(祝贺你!)

  • Bummer.(太不幸了。)

  • Be my guest.(请便。)

  • Lighten up.(放轻松点!)

  • Stay out of this.(你别管。)

  • Saved by the bell.(好险啊。)

  • Get a room.(干脆开房去得了!)

  • I'd kill to be Ivy.(我如果能入读常青藤名校,死而无憾!)

  • Pretty please?(求你了。)

  • There you go again!(又来了!)

  • Well, you live and learn.(世间一切,皆有可能啊!)

  • Let's dig in.(开动吧!)

  • It tastes funny.(味道很怪。)

  • She kept to herself.(她太不合群。)

  • It's a deal.(就这样吧。)

  • You name it.(要什么尽管说。)

  • Shame on you.(难道你不觉得羞耻吗?)

  • Any word?(有什么消息吗?)

  • I beg to differ.(我的想法有所不同。)

  • Don't flatter yourself.(别再自吹自擂了。)

Abuse Session

  • 哪儿凉快哪儿歇着去吧。

    • Get lost!

    • Fuck off!

    • Get the hell out of here!

    • Take a hike!

  • You have a lot of nerve.(脸皮真厚。)

  • I can't believe your never.(你好大的胆子!)

  • 你气死我了啦。

    • You piss me off.

    • You make me so mad.

  • You're away/gone too far.(你太过分了。)

  • You're a pain in the ass.(你这讨厌鬼。)

  • You bastard!(你这杂种!)

  • You're impossible.(你真不可救药。)

  • You're just a good for nothing bum!(你真是一个废物!/ 你一无是处!)

  • You asked for it.(你自找的。)

  • Drop dead.(去死吧!)

  • Give me a break.(饶了我吧。)

  • Get off my back.(少跟我罗嗦。)

  • Knock it off.(少来这一套。)

  • Cut it out.(省省吧。)

  • I'm about to explode!(我肺都快要气炸了!)

  • I detest you!(我恨你!)

  • I can't help it.(我没办法。)

  • We're through.(我们完了!)

  • I've had enough of your garbage.(我听腻了你的废话。)

  • I'm fed up.(我厌倦了。)

  • Drat!(讨厌!)

  • Stingy!(小气鬼!)

American and British

  • chaps

    • 美国:牛仔们穿的一种皮质紧身裤

    • 英国: Guys

    • Nothing is sexier than a pair of chaps.

  • comforter

    • 美国:棉被

    • 英国:奶嘴

    • I can't fall asleep without my favorite comforter.

  • cider

    • 美国:一种不含酒精的苹果汁

    • 英国:一种由苹果发酵而来的甜啤酒

    • I used to drink cider every day as a kid.

  • knob

    • 美国:圆形门把手

    • 英国: “弟弟”

    • I broke my knob rushing out of the house this morning.

  • bin

    • 美国:储物箱

    • 英国:垃圾桶

    • I put all my grandmother‘s valuables in a bin.

  • garden

    • 美国:用来种花和农作物的指定区域

    • 英国:后院

    • No thanks. I don‘t want to drink beers in your garden because I’m not a crazy person.

  • rubber

    • 美国:套套

    • 英国:橡皮擦

    • May I borrow your rubber please?

  • pissed

    • 美国:生气

    • 英国:烂醉

    • Sorry that I‘m late for work. I got a parking ticket and I’m pissed.

Home Session

  • My sister eats like a bird.(我妹妹食量很小。)

    My older brother eats like a horse.(我哥哥特别能吃。)

    I'm full.(我饱了!)

喜欢

  • my cup of tea

    • Hamburgers are my cup of tea.(我喜欢吃汉堡。)

  • I have a XX tooth.

    • I have a sweet tooth.(我喜欢吃甜东西。)

  • I've developed a great liking for

    • I've developed a great liking for Sichuan dishes.(我开始喜欢吃川菜了。)

  • other……

    • I don't like asparagus.(我不喜欢吃芦笋。)

    • What's your favorite food?(你最喜欢吃什么食物?)


  • I make a killer fried rice cake.(我做的炒年糕超好吃。)

    Don't be so fussy about your food.(你别那么挑食。)

    I'm choosy.(我这个人很挑食。)

    I'm starving.(我饿死了。)

    I'm very thirsty.(我很渴。)

    My mouth is watering.(我都流口水了。)

    The milk has gone sour.(牛奶酸了。)

  • What is for lunch?(午餐吃什么?)
    What would you like for dinner?(晚饭你想吃什么?)
    What should I make for dinner?(晚饭做什么好呢?)
    What would you like to drink?(你想喝点什么?)
    How would you like your steak?(牛排你要几分熟?)
    Is dinner ready?(晚饭做好了吗?)
    How soon can you get dinner ready?(还要多久才能做好晚饭啊?)

  • Please go ahead.(请先吃吧。)
    Come and get it!(开饭了!/ 该吃饭了!)
    Call everyone to the table.(叫大家来吃饭。)
    I'm coming.(这就来。)

  • Be quiet and eat your food.(别说话,吃你的饭。)
    Don't spill it!(别弄洒了。)
    Eat all of your vegetables.(把碗里的菜吃光。)
    Would you like some more?(再来一点?)

  • Would you help me set the table?(你能帮我准备餐具吗?)
    Would you clear the table?(能帮我收拾盘子吗?)

    We're out of dish detergent.(洗洁精用完了。)
    Do the dishes!(把盘子洗了。)
    I'll dry the dishes.(我来擦盘子。)


  • What do you think of this apartment?(你觉得这个公寓怎么样?)
    What sort of house do you live in?(你住在什么样的房子里?)
    What floor is your apartment on?(你的公寓在几楼?)
    How big is your apartment?(你的公寓有多大?)
    It's stuffy in this room.(这间屋子空气真差。)
    What's the rent?(租金多少?)
    How much do you pay for the utilities every month?(你每月水电费付多少钱?)

  • The power is gone.(停电了。)
    The power is back on.(又来电了。)

  • It's your turn to take out the garbage.(今天该你扔垃圾了。)
    Clean up your room.(把你的屋子收拾收拾。)
    Sweep the floor.(把地扫扫。)
    Please dust the shelves.(掸掸柜子上的灰尘。)

  • The drain is blocked up.(水槽堵住了。)
    The water is leaking.(漏水了。)

  • Would you put up the clothes to dry?(你能把衣服晾起来吗?)
    Will you iron the shirt?(你能把这件衬衫烫一烫吗?)


  • Will you feed the dog?(你能去喂狗吗?)
    Could you sew the skirt for me?(你能帮我缝补一下我的裙子吗?)

  • It's time to get up!(该起床了!)
    Get up soon!(快起床!)
    It's still early.(时间还早呢!)
    Can I sleep for another five minutes?(我能再多睡 5 分钟吗?)
    I'm still sleepy.(我还很困呢。)
    Put your clothes on.(把衣服穿上。)
    Fold up your quilt.(把被子叠好。)
    Wash your face.(去洗洗脸。)
    Comb your hair.(把头发梳一下。)

  • Did you sleep well last night?(昨晚睡得好吗?)
    Did you stay up late last night?(昨晚你熬夜了?)
    You were snoring last night.(昨天晚上你打呼噜了。)

  • What should I wear?(我穿什么好呢?)
    You're wearing your sweater inside out.(你毛衣穿反了。)

  • It's time to go to bed!(该上床睡觉了!)
    I'm wide awake.(我一点都不困。)
    I'm so sleepy.(我很困。)
    I lost sleep last night.(昨天我失眠了。)
    I'm going to bed.(我要去睡觉了。)